Slip and Fall Attorney in San Marcos-
A slip-and-fall mishap can have devastating consequences for a person’s health and financial stability. If you were injured due to a slip-and-fall accident on someone else’s public, commercial, or private property, you might be entitled to compensation. At Guerra Law Firm we can assist you in filing a personal injury claim, by gathering evidence to recover your personal and financial damages. It is important to hire a well-versed, experienced slip and fall attorney on your side whenever it comes to slip and fall situations.
Slip-and-fall incidents may occur in a variety of reasons and settings:
- Abrupt changes in floor levels.
- Concealed extension cords.
- Constructions that are substandard or harmful.
- Decaying or cracked flooring.
- Ice, snowy, oily, or damp flooring and surfaces.
- Insufficient light in pathways or stairwells.
- Items left on the ground level.
- Poorly planned stairwells.
- Sagging or faulty carpeting.
- Unkempt walkways and parking lots.
Why Do You Need A Slip-And-Fall Accident Lawyer?
Every year, millions of Americans are injured by trips, slips, and falls, resulting in over 800,000 hospitalizations. Most slip and fall situations are not appropriate for self-representation. First, blame for a slip and fall accident is rarely evident, and property owners (and their insurers) aren’t in the business of taking legal responsibility for an accident unless liability is obvious. Second, it’s rather usual for slip and fall defendants to contend that the plaintiff’s injuries (damages) aren’t as severe as they allege.
The first task in a slip and fall lawsuit is to obtain the defendant’s and insurance company’s attention, which may not take a self-represented claimant seriously. But, because these matters frequently come down to guilt and damages, let’s take a deeper look at how a lawyer’s aid might be critical on these vital issues. At Guerra Law Firm we can help you determine who is to blame for your slip and fall and prove any losses caused by your slip and fall.
Commonly Granted Damages In Slip-And-Fall Accident Lawsuits Include:
- Incidental costs.
- Loss of earning ability.
- Lost wages.
- Mental distress.
- Present and future medical expenditures.
- The cost of pain and suffering.
- Compensation of wrongful death (if you are a surviving family member or spouse of a victim who suffered a fatal slip-and-fall accident).