Residence Attorney in San Marcos-

Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) have a “green card” that gives them a lot of benefits in the U.S. A green card holder, also known as a legal permanent resident, is granted permanent permission to work and live in the U.S. There are various ways in which someone can become a permanent resident. In the United States, most people are sponsored by a direct family member or even an employer. Other people may become permanent residents due to refugee or asylum status or other humanitarian initiatives. 

Unless a U.S. resident has been convicted of a significant criminal charge or another immigration infraction, both residents have the authorization to live and work continuously in the country. You can also petition for legal status for your spouse or kid if you are a resident.
In general, you can seek to become a naturalized U.S. citizen if you have been a lawful permanent resident for five years. Just because you own a green card does not imply that you are instantly a citizen. You must demonstrate that you are deserving of it. If you have been arrested for any reason, owe taxes, or have failed to pay child support, you should consult with an immigration attorney before filing.

When Do You Require The Services Of An Immigration Lawyer?

Immigration law in the United States is quite complicated and constantly changing. Hiring an attorney may save you time, stress, and even money in many circumstances. At Guerra Law Firm, our team assists clients with visas, green cards, U.S. citizenship, and other immigration advantages. Furthermore, whether your case involves green cards, temporary visas, waivers, citizenship, employment-based immigration, or appeals, you should see an attorney.

CALL a Residence of Attorney in San Marcos 956-618-2557

Foreign Nationals Seeking Legal Status In The United States

You must receive a green card to become a permanent resident of the United States. Holders of Green Card have the legal right to work and live in the U.S. indefinitely as long as they don’t commit removable crimes. They are protected by federal, state, and municipal laws, and they must follow these laws. They must also submit income tax forms and record their earnings, and they are expected to support a democratic system of government. Male green card holders between 18 and 25 are asked to enroll for the selective service.

Residence of Attorney Near Me 956-618-2557