Marriage Attorney in Three Rivers-

Naturalization Through a Spouse

If you are married to a U.S. citizen you may be able to gain legal status in the country depending on several factors. Additionally, if you have already gained residence by marrying a US person, then more than likely you qualify to become a U.S. citizen. At the same time, if you are in the process of getting a divorce, and you haven’t become a citizen, you might still qualify for naturalization. There are specific marriage green card requirements that immigrant fiances or spouses must adhere to in order to gain legal status by marriage. Besides providing validity of the marriage, applicants must apply for citizenship. Through this process, it is important that you hire an experienced lawyer that knows what they are doing. For many years, Guerra Law Firm has helped many couples through the process of naturalization of their spouse.

CALL an Immigration Attorney in Three Rivers 956-618-2557


How can I become a U.S. citizen through marriage?

 When applying for a green card as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, there are normally three phases involved. The first step is to get married and have proof that the couple is legally married. Once the couple is married, our firm helps the couple apply for a marriage green card using Form I-485. Lastly, the last step is to attend the green card interview before approval. It is important that you hire a lawyer that knows what they are doing so that your case is not jeopardized. Incorrect or late information can affect your immigration case drastically. Thankfully at Guerra Law Firm, we have the knowledge and determination we need to help couples with their immigration case. After we help you gain temporary status through a residence, couples need to live together for at least five years in the U.S. After those years pass, the resident spouse will be able to apply for U.S. citizenship.  

Marriage Attorney Near Me 956-618-2557